View Single Post
Old 07-10-2019, 09:51 PM
Ron Kornacki - Uncle Nacki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdaddy View Post
I would assume that the cards will be slabbed but ungraded. They will be essentially having you pay them to grade cards for them. You'll grade the cards, hand them back to PSA and then PSA will hand them back to the submitter with the new grade.

A new fast turnaround service offered by PSA - 25 cards graded in 15 minutes for only $25/card. They will be bringing in money from both sides. Genius.
When they do the coins, they are slabbed and each numbered 1 to 25. After you review the coins and mark your grades on the paper, it's then compared to what they graded the coins as. They do this for a few reasons. They want you to see how little time you have to spend on each coin, and the mental pressure while doing it. They also do it to have fun at a show, advertise their brand, and sometimes make a contest out of it. I expect PSA to do exactly the same at the show. My only complaint was that it's difficult to grade something while looking through the slab.

I agree that PSA could just have us grade their back log at the show and get them caught up.

T206 Master Monster Front/Back Set Collector - www.youtube.com/unclenacki
T206 Basic "The Monster" Set 514/524
T206 Advanced "Master Monster" Front/Back Set ????/5258
COMPLETE T206 BACK SUBSETS
Old Mill Southern Leagues - Black Ink 48/48
Sweet Caporal 350-460 Factory 30 Full Color "No Prints" 28/28
NEAR COMPLETE T206 BACK SUBSETS
Polar Bear 245/250
Sovereign 460 50/52
Sweet Caporal 150 Factory 649 Overprint 31/34
Piedmont 350 "Elite 11" 9/11