View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 10:00 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by travrosty View Post
Thank you Big Dave,

I don't even know Dave but he is right on the mark. We as a country went through similar "we suspect you are guilty with no proof so prove your innocence and make a prepared statement that we will supply or else your name will be smeared and equal to mud, and if you are not willing to do so at our demand then you must have something to hide and our suspicions of guilt must have been right all along" in the 1950's and that is regarded as a very ugly period in our country's history.

It is truly disgusting.
I agree witch hunts suck. But if I was asked a question pertaining to a smear site I would simply answer it and move on. I am not saying it would be mandatory for me to do it but I just wouldn't want people thinking I was either affiliated (if I wasn't) or dodging a question. Answering cures the issue. Not answering does raise more doubt. And that being said it's a two way street too. If I am asking the questions then I should be prepared to answer zingers back at me. Just my opinion and certainly there are other views on the subject. All I care about, where this board is concerned, is that folks have their names out here when debating, accusing etc.... And I must applaud you guys for that. There hasn't been any push back about that aspect.