View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013, 05:26 PM
Michael Frost

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere View Post
Michael, how you do explain the above AMI listing that reads "This great display piece was signed in the presence of Mantle friend & associate Mike Frost, who had the foresight to let Mantle have fun with a pen, and do what he did best-namely be Mickey."

Please explain those two ads, Michael?
What you are showing is nothing new, this was from over 4 years ago and what consigners say or what auction companies write is not in my control.
I am sure you do not believe everything you read or what ever you hear. If so there are many things written about you on the Internet that I would not even think about asking you about.
Chris, I have been involved in this industry for over 30 years now and I have heard every known story, lie and theory about autographs a dozen times.
As you know I was very close to Mickey Mantle for many years, at one time I was one of the only sources for dealers to obtain authentic autographs directly from Mickey Mantle via private signings. I have personally had three autograph shows with Mickey Mantle and I have handled over 20 private signings for Mickey Mantle from 1985 - 1993. He was a good friend and there would be no reason at all that I would have ever had or sold forged Mickey Mantle signed items. This stories have been conjured up by forgeries, corrupt dealers, and mainly by jealous individuals who wish they had the privilege to be among the trusted friends and business associates that were able to work directly with Mickey Mantle.
You have done a nice job cleaning up many of the fake Mickey Mantle autographs that have been sold throughout the Interne,t but you have also made mistakes and false comments along the way. I have never got involved an corrected you nor challenged your opinions. I do thank you for your hard work and for the job you have done exposing many fake Jeter, Riviera, and Mickey Mantle autographs but here I must say you are very wrong and about 10 years to late.
The baseball that started this conversation I believe did not come from the same person that signed the 2 11x14 photographs. I have seen and discussed the 2 photos that you have posted from AMI years ago and I remember there was no COA and there was numbers and a signature on the back and they in no way were ever owned, consigned, or sold by me. The baseball on top I believe is something that is newer and I would like to see the type of baseball it has been signed on.
I also have no idea what Steve Koschal may or may not have to do with any of this? I have seen his name in the conversations and I surely will not stick up for him, but I know nothing of him and Mickey Mantle forgeries. I believe I would know were these New Jersey style Mickey Mantle autographs came from, but this was long before your time. I have files going back 20+ years on Mickey Mantle forgeries and exemplars and were they came from but I learned years ago , you can not fight the world.
Again I do thank you for your concerns and your hard work in keeping the autograph market authentic.