View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 07:20 AM
Zach

[QUOTE=saltire;979233]Zach,

Congrats on a great pick up. That really is an outstanding card.

I'm new to Net54, but I think I can speak on this topic with a little authority. I live in Glasgow, Scotland and have been actively collecting baseball cards since the late 1980s. I'm originally from Detroit, collected as a kid in the late 60s/early 70s, and got the bug again after a visit Stateside in 1988.

Thanks, and welcome to the board! I am still excited I got this for what I paid, it was well worth the majority of my tax return. I still can not believe it was priced the way it was. I keep measuring it over and over and it measures up so I do not think it's an AUTH. If so it is a once in a lifetime deal that I am very lucky to have got. It goes into my ebay Hall Of Fame purchases for sure.
Scotland is a great country, I wish I could visit someday. Maybe I will be able to. I could see how there are mainly non-sports cards out that way. Seems like out there they collected all sports or all cards just like in America but they did not have access to baseball cards or to N28, N162, N300 etc...I know there were special European cards for European interests, hence how we saw the birth of the first Hockey cards in 1910.