Thread: New PSA prices
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2021, 10:42 AM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejharrington View Post
I understand PSA's decision. They are a business trying to maximize their profits. Their reputation is also being harmed because they have been grading altered cards and not meeting expectations with respect to turnaround times, in large part due to a massive backlog.

This price increase will ensure profitability while almost certainly reducing backlog. I have accumulated about 20-30 lower value cards over the past 2-3 years that I was planning on sending in this year (likely through the Memberships, which are currently sold out). Clearly, I cannot do that now. I can't be the only one in that boat.

I expect (and hope) that, once the current backlog subsides, they have implemented the investments in people and technology needed to meet current demand.

Of course, SGC or the new company could use this as an opportunity to take away some of their business. For example, they could offer to crossover PSA Set Registry cards (assuming they pass muster) that would allow customers like me to switch over. I'm not holding my breath however.
Meanwhile, across the street, SGC just raised their prices as well.

https://gosgc.com/

Last edited by bobbyw8469; 03-05-2021 at 10:43 AM.