Thread: New PSA prices
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2021, 09:25 AM
Pete S.

Obviously what I’m about to write is utter nonsense and will never happen - nor am I being truly serious, but there’s one simple step that’d alleviate all this nonsense if PSA really put collectors/“the hobby” first.

Stop all modern/ultra modern submissions. No grading any cards manufactured in say the past seven years. As of 1/01/21 collectors can submit their 2014 stuff. Lol. How many “quick flip” submissions does that kill? All of them. Plus so many less junk slabs down the line. It would return this whole space to a finer time in my opinion.

Then return everything to the same price. A card is a card is a card. This whole pay more to grade a more expensive card nonsense is laughable. One of the greatest money making artificial pretenses of all time.

P.S. I actually have no problem with people flipping and the current evolution of the hobby. The flippers, speculators and investors have been an interesting dynamic and always existed at some level. It’s just on steroids now. Everyone has the right to play the game the way they see fit. PSA included. They have long since become a golden goose that’s too big to fail.

Last edited by swabie2424; 03-06-2021 at 09:27 AM.