View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 09:04 AM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by glchen View Post
Top Rated gives you a 20% discount on all of your ebay fees, which can be pretty substantial. However, to get the discount, you basically need to maintain your Detailed Seller Ratings at a very high level, and the two big ones here are Shipping Time and Shipping/Handling Charges.
Ebay is now looking at your international DSR scores separately from your domestic ones in figuring your Top Rated Seller status for that reason exactly. It's the one sensible move that they have made in recent memory, and sure enough, if I look at my international vs. domestic low-star scores, I have several in the shipping time category. Not enough to lose my status though. THAT I lost about 3 months ago when a single buyer won 21 items at auction and dinged me on EVERY SINGLE ONE because he thought my combined shipping price was too high (even though it was exactly what it was stated in my listing that it would be, he paid it without question, and never e-mailed me once to see why it was higher than he expected). It has cost me several hundred dollars in fees (due to not getting the 20% discount), so I definitely see where sellers should be concerned, but as long as eBay is considering the two separately, I don't think that shipping to other countries isn't any more risky to your DSR scores than domestic sales.