View Single Post
Old 03-21-2005, 11:12 AM
Administrator

Default New (old) Board Direction- IMPORTANT

Posted By: Trevor Hocking

First I would like to say thanks to Bill for all his hard work and making this a BETTER board than it ever was.

I too was one of the first members of this board and came over from the Full Count bard. I don't post anymore because of all the personal attacks and just plan rudeness from many of the regular posters. I lurk everyday just as many of the top people in our great hobby do. I wish this site could be a lot more focused as it was before. I do know that there are a lot of autograph, memorabilia, and photo collectors out there that post very regularly but my question to you who fit in these categories is, What brought you to this vintage baseball CARD board in the first place? I do understand that many of use collect other stuff that we love just as much if not more, (my other love is comic books) but do you think it would be appropriate to talk about comic books here? I think not, not even the Jackie Robinson books. I think the point that I'm trying to making is people like David Rudd, (no offense David), who has helped me out with a 19th century photo, (for free I might add and off the board!), are great people to have around that are not active in the CARD hobby. But, what was his reason for checking this site out in the first place? He has or had a very amazing knowledge and love of the make-up and design of pre-war CARDS. So what I'm asking everyone is to try and remember why you came here in the first place and maybe you can realize why you should stay and post. I for one am back in!!!! I will try and post as often as I can. Maybe it can be fun again. I hope some of the old posters will see this and feel the same. I have talked with many collectors at the shows who only lurk and are afraid they will get beat up here and don't post. So you know who you people are, come on in, lets have some fun. Leon you are the man for taking the bull by the horns. You are the man for the job. Ok I'm getting off the box now and ready to be a contributer to a vintage baseball CARD board with related topics.

Sorry for the long post but dam I feel better.

Trevor Hocking
trevor@synergystudios.tv