View Single Post
Old 03-11-2024, 03:53 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeybats View Post
Irv,

I'm with you 100%. They better find this kid a Semenko or McSorley very soon or his frame will not live up to the abuse of big boy hockey. Let's face it, McDavid has a much larger frame and can take more punishment. I just don't see this kid as the next big superstar. I could be wrong.
He's a solid kid but is pretty short. The NHL, which they seem to do quite often, or they measure with skates on, has him as 5'10" but his real height is 5'8".

Imo, like you said, they need someone much tougher/bigger than Foligno. Corey Perry was there for a reason, but of course is now gone, so hopefully they have someone in mind in the near future/off season to fill that role.

Personally, right now, I feel some are laying off, being kind to him as they don't want to be the one to be known as the one who put the NHL's budding superstar out, especially in his rookie year.

We'll see how he makes out, and I wish him all the best, but I can't help but think, like you, that he isn't going to be the next big superstar without at least an entourage of bodyguards who can actually play with him.