View Single Post
Old 06-14-2021, 12:19 PM
J0hn Collin$

Unless your collection is just approaching some type of an insane value, (actually, especially then...) an insurance policy is a quick, painless, and very affordable trade for some peace of mind with a collection in your home. I would think though if you can afford an insanely valuable collection, then you can also afford a higher price to insure them each year.

Guns? Have a shootout at the OK Corral over your cards if you like. I'm not touching that one with a 10 foot pole. Given the controversy over virtually all guns in our society right now, using them as a primary means of safeguarding a sportscard collection just seems dumb to me. Safety Deposit boxes are fine, but they have been getting notorious over the last few months of the pandemic about being both hard to find, and expensive to rent if you can find them. I've never cared much for the idea of making an appointment and then having to hop in the car to drive and go "visit" key pieces of my collection for a few minutes anyway.

For insurance, I used CIS via the Beckett promotions that were going on earlier this year and was very pleased. I would imagine we'll have another 5 minute conversation next year over my collection and spreadsheet math, and that will be that.

Last edited by jchcollins; 06-14-2021 at 02:57 PM.