View Single Post
Old 06-11-2022, 11:07 AM
Chris Counts

I see flannel jerseys as the pinnacle of baseball memorabilia, but not necessarily the best investment, since their prices are sky high.

I believe caps are the most undervalued genre of baseball memorabilia. They're at least as rare as flannel jerseys, but they're relatively affordable — '50s and '60s flannel jerseys routinely sell for thousands, while I've paid just a couple hundred dollars each for many of my best caps from the '50s and '60s.

Jerseys and caps are tough to find and make the great display items. I don't find bats and gloves nearly as interesting. People love to show off their stuff, and I believe the best display items will always be in demand.

I love publications, but I see their values headed south as the sheer number of the them available dwarfs the number of potential collectors in the future. I also like autographs, but they're such a rabbit hole of potential fraud that many collectors are scared off by them. As for pins, they are definitely rare and desirable, but overpriced.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 59 orioles jersey.jpg (198.7 KB, 1020 views)
File Type: jpg 58-62 orioles cap.jpg (200.0 KB, 1030 views)