View Single Post
Old 04-22-2007, 11:10 PM
Administrator

Default Re: Mastro Shilling?

Posted By: E, Daniel

Wasn't changing the flip completely inclusive of the cert# - changing the description of the card to make the card sound better....ie not the card that was previously auctioned and for 'some reason' both sold and not sold?

I think that for various reasons ML decided that was exactly what was needed to maximize the auction result, that is to improve a description that if in complete honesty would have had to make mention that it was being re-listed, and the reasons for its re-appearance.....

Would it have affected the price achieved to give an honest appraisal of its history in those few months...? I'm not convinced it would have, and in fact I think the knowledge that it was the same card at that grade would have confirmed to buyers of that tier that it was not as common....whereas if TWO turn up at that grade in a couple of months, my experience is that the second usually sells at a discount as buyers start believing there may be even more available, and the cachet of the low pop. is eroded.....

And just lastly, while your company may not do so, are you aware historically of this being a common Auction House/Dealer practice, and do you believe it is available to any collector who submits cards?

Daniel