View Single Post
Old 09-25-2019, 12:22 AM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yastrzemski Sports View Post
I may disagree with you on value. As it stands, the Huggins with Clubhouse Ruth or if someone were to remove the Ruth (which can’t be done well enough to go unnoticed) the ball is worth around 400-600. A single Huggins in that condition is 2000-5000. Single signed baseballs are a different category altogether and can go much higher than a multi signed ball.
You make a good point with this particular ball, but some of these signature removals can be done without a trace of the former ink being present. Many signature removals are invisible to the naked eye, and are only visible under magnification. There are people who are experts at doing this...

I've seen many balls at auction that appear as single-signed, but have a sig removal that's disclosed. Often (if the removal is virtually invisible) they sell for up to 2/3 the value of a single-signed ball. Especially if the remaining signature is bold and clean.

I still believe an altered Card plummets in value to a far greater extent than an altered Ball. But of course there are various exceptions.