View Single Post
Old 01-21-2020, 04:22 PM
Bill Gregory

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
OK Bill you convinced me Larry Walker should be in the tourist trap built for the sole purpose to attract visitors to a town. Now if you could just convince the voters that put people into that tourist attraction.
It will be interesting to see what happens with the final vote. Honestly, I'm surprised Walker has come to the final ballot. I might be giving the voters too much credit, though.

But what do I know? I'm still miffed that Dick Allen isn't in the Hall. He doesn't have the counting stats of a guy that played for two decades. And I know he was frigid with the media, and that creates backlash. And he wasn't a terribly good fielder. But he could absolutely mash.

When you've had a career of 1,759 games, and your career OPS+ is the same as Willie Mays and Frank Thomas, one point better than Hank Aaron, Joe DiMaggio and Mel Ott, and two points better than Manny Ramirez (with the steroids!) and Frank Robinson--how the heck are you kept out?

He's got the 19th highest OPS+ in baseball history.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.