View Single Post
Old 08-24-2007, 07:45 PM
Administrator

Default Non Baseball Memorabilia

Posted By: Clint

Dan, small world. It usually takes me 5 games to reach 900. We spent many hours as kids in the bowling alley. My brother would practice while I worked in the baseball card shop in the basement of the bowling alley. My brother actually threw out some of my cards when we were little. I had a perfect 53 Topps Berra that I worked several weeks to buy that ended up in this group that got thrown away. It still kills me to think about it.

Alan, Mark Roth was my bowling idol as a kid.

To get back to the topic, I collect just about any of the major sports as long as it's old and fairly unique. I think that all sports have their fanatic collectors. Old golf and tennis equipment can be extremely valuable. I once sold a tennis ball can for $300. I've also seen Indian Clubs sell in the thousands for presentation type pieces. Basketball probably has the least amount of memorabilia available. Football has the helmets, noseguards, leather stacked cleats, union suits and friction stripped jerseys. This thread has shown that even bowling has it's following. I know the wooden bowling balls sell for a few hundred on ebay every once in awhile.