View Single Post
Old 04-11-2024, 08:06 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug.goodman View Post
I'm not leaping anywhere, I too question how the people who look after his accounts ALLOWED WHAT HAPPENED TO HAPPEN, I will not assume they didn't notice, I will assume that they DID notice, but for some reason they allowed it to continue.

The ONGOING story line involves a guy who doesn't speak the language, who has a guy who he trusts speak it for him, and then that guy doing some shady stuff, which is where we all started wondering about various details, and it started to get interesting.

Remember, this thread started with four words :
I would not assume they did notice; there is a lot of incompetence in this world. The complaint today argues that they knew the account existed but did not have any access to it or ask any real questions about it and that his own agent never spoke to Ohtani without Issei even once - essentially a picture of Ohtani's circle doing and just going with whatever Issei said.

I do have a hard time buying the picture painted here of Ohtani as a childishly naive guy who doesn't know English and thus can't know anything that goes on and completely reliant on Issei. I posted a video of him speaking English just fine earlier in the thread. If I was him I would also use an interpreter to keep my statements perfect, but he definitely and demonstrably speaks the language on the rare occasion he wants to do so.