View Single Post
Old 01-16-2022, 12:32 PM
Tim Carroll

Thank you all for taking the time to go through the photos and respond!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brob28 View Post
Impressive seeing them all together, congrats! I wonder how they choose the subjects?
I know Topps puts out feelers on social media every November/December, asking followers to tell them who they want. In the year following Olympics, it's safe to say they'll have a couple of subjects from that. I've also noticed that the last couple of years have been loaded with people that have massive social media followings, so I assume that is now part of the criteria.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankbmd View Post
An excellent display of the progressive(?) advancement in cursive education.

Disclaimer: A few of them are legible, I think.

To be fair, none of these people are popular because of their handwriting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdaddy View Post
Very cool, and impressive collection.

Who are your favorites? And what ~percentage of them did you not know who the person was? I'd bet I'm at > 50% that I don't know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobbSpikedMe View Post
Outstanding Tim! Great accomplishment there. I can't believe you tracked down all of them. What are some of your favorites?

Agreed, most of the subjects from recent years have been head scratchers. I had to research who many of them were, because I genuinely had never heard of them (especially the comedians and social media influencers). Some of the early years were like that also, but those subjects fit in with the A&G theme of "World's Champions." Even if the record holder was in something like cardstacking, horseshoes, paper plane flying, rock/paper/scissors, or something else off the wall, it was neat to have the quantifiable "best of" in there. I hope they get back to more of that if they choose to go to subjects most of us haven't heard of.

As for my favorites, here are my top 10:

1. 2013 Pele
2. 2015 Sylvester Stallone
3. 2019 Harrison Ford
4. 2008 Serena Williams
5. 2011 George Bush
6. 2013 Axl Rose
7. 2006 Mike Tyson
8. 2012 Roger Federer
9. 2016 Kevin Costner
10. 2011 Stan Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven View Post
Fantastic collection. I often wonder is the hunt more satisfying than completing the set?
Oh absolutely, the chase was waaay more fun than putting that last card in place! I can only hope that some A-list celebrities are included in this year's group. The bigger the name, the shorter the print run....which means I have something to hunt down a little longer.

www.timcarrollart.com

Facebook/Instagram/Twitter: @timcarrollart