View Single Post
Old 10-08-2020, 12:39 PM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgo71 View Post
I think part of the problem is that, at least on my device, when viewing the mobile eBay app, the description is somewhat hidden. You have to click a link to see the full description, whereas on the desktop version the description is right there. There a lot of people viewing on their phones and they are most likely too lazy (or unaware) that more information is just a click away. It can be annoying, but I generally stick to the "customer is always right" philosophy and just take a few seconds to answer any questions. A little customer service goes a long way.
This was before the phone app. I always included as good a picture as I could take or a good scan. My descriptions were brief but hopefully included any necessary info. More complicated stuff like camera lenses etc got a bit more, but not the lengthy stuff that's common now. And no animated gifs, huge fonts, etc.

I'm not in the "customer is always right " camp. But the customer always has the right to be heard and have any issues addressed politely ang promptly.
I rarely stated a return policy, simply because I feel that once there's a policy I've written I need to hold myself to that. Most of the people who had a problem were surprised at the solutions.
Most were well outside any policy I could write.

Like I had a batch of BMX helmets I got from an out of business wholesaler.
One turned out to have cracks under the rubber molding around the edge. Totally my bad for missing it. I just had the guy send me a quick pic of the damage, checked the other ones I had and sent him a replacement. No need to return the other one, as it wasn't usable or saleable. He asked what I wanted him to do with it and I suggested having a local graffitti guy or someone paint it up and make it into a lamp. He thought that was a cool idea, I said to just send me a pic when it was done, but he never did. Oh well, probably lost track of the email.