View Single Post
Old 12-12-2020, 04:57 PM

Default Hall of Fame

The Hockey Hall of Fame is likely the most random of all of the Hall of Fames. All sorts of different variables.

Quote:
I watched Morrow's entire career from 301 and 205 at the Coliseum, I never considered him an HoF guy, but it is a nice sentiment.
Fair enough. US team 1980. Best defensive defensemen on a 4 time Cup Champion. Probably not enough to warrant Hall of Fame selection. It just seems the Islanders get shafted a lot in discussions.

The one big difference and why I think the Habs are deserving of all of their Hall of Famers (and I am a Bruins fan) is that the Canadiens were dominant in the regular season and the play-offs. The Islanders moreso in the play-offs.
The Canadiens lead the league in goals for and goals against. They are deserving of all of the accolades they get.

I always used to wonder when the Oilers would have 7 or 8 all-stars every year. Fuhr was the best goalie in the league, Gregg and Lowe elite defensive defensemen yet the Oilers always led the league in goals scored but despite having an elite goaltender and awesome defensemen they were never good in goals allowed. The Canadiens on the other hand had the best goalie, the best defense, and the best forwards and it shows in the statistics.