Thread: Franchise Info
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2022, 08:20 PM
M@rk S@tterstr0m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
Over the years I've toyed with the idea of opening a franchise of some sort in my retirement. Always been curious how much money people actually make running your typical Subway, Baskin Robbins, Popeyes, etc. Does anyone know a good reliable of data on what these types of stores gross/net? I am sure the people selling the franchise flood the market with overly rosy figures and gloss over the reality of what franchisees actually can be expected to make. If anyone knows of a reliable independent source of data I'd appreciate it. I am sure it is a ton of work to run a reliable franchise restaurant. Don't need any data to confirm that!
I've got a buddy who considered that type of thing, but really didn't want to deal with the staffing headache mentioned above. So he bought a decent house in AZ and is renting it out as an Air B&B. It generates decent (modest) revenue but he has a retired lady looking after things, cleaning between guests, and therefore it requires little time and causes little hassle.

And any time he wants out, he simply sells the house. If you try to sell a business, it can be much more difficult.