View Single Post
Old 11-19-2011, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drc View Post
Obviously, it's nice to have the photos of Ali signing. Without those a lot people would be that much more suspicious.

What would be great too would be some sort of paper documentation or other evidence that Ali was hired to sign these, or at least sign for your dad/grandfather. I assume there was an agreement/contract, payment check.

Documentation/evidence your dad/grandfather had Ali do a signing + your photos of Ali Signing posters with the same design = good for cause. If you had a copy of the actual contract for the signing, that would be hard to beat.

I don't think that really matters. I read a interview with one of the FBI agents that talked about Stan Sports when they were busted. Stan sports had photos with every ball player in all sports, yet the agent said they doubted a signing ever happened between players and the store.

Kinda like on ebay, when a photo shows a person signing a item with a blue marker, yet the item they are selling is signed in black, red, green or some other color....

Take the photo with a grain of salt, and when dealing with the first family of forgery's, my advise would be to avoid it at all costs... Afterall, they got into the forgery business when they realized if the "art" had the players signatures on them, they could get more...

Caveat emptor BUYER BEWARE