View Single Post
Old 12-29-2021, 04:57 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

I love threads like this, the ones that send you straight to youtube in the hopes of finding a 'new' awesome tune to add to your playlist. Like with everyone else, many of my faves have already been listed, but here's a sweet group of tunes...

1. Bring It On Home To Me Sam Cooke (The growing emotion just hits you in the face.)
2. Biggest Part Of Me Ambrosia (Man, the build up that leads you into singing, "Make a wish, bay-beeeeee...." out loud. Phenomenal!!)
3. My Maria B.W. Stevenson (The opening guitar licks just grab you, and it's impossible NOT to start trying to hit those high notes!!!)
4. Down In A Hole Alice In Chains (Although hauntingly sad now due to Layne Staley's impending death, the Unplugged version is simply magnificent.)
5. Roll Me Away Bob Seger (A ton of great moments as we're taken along on the journey of his soul.)
6. Let Me Take You Home Tonight Boston (Gets a lot less ink than the other songs on the album, but a truly beautiful plea from Brad Delp.)
7. Wot's...Uh The Deal David Gilmour (He slays this slow tune during 'Live In Gdańsk,' leaving you wondering why Floyd never played it live. I mean he frickin' refers to alchemy in a love song, for cripes sake!)
8. Another Park, Another Sunday The Doobie Brothers (I can't possibly get enough of this somber song.)
9. Over You Bryan Ferry & Roxy Music (If the raw emotion of a girl leaving you was ever perfectly set to music, this would be it.)
10. Try And Love Again Eagles (A very little known song that has Randy Meisner hitting it out of the park.)
11. Run Runaway Slade (Leave your car windows open, so everyone can hear you belting this one out!!)
12. Run Collective Soul (See #8.)
13. Operator (That's Not The Way It Feels) Jim Croce (Is there anyone who hears this song and DOESN'T believe Croce is actually making that call??)
14. Ooh La La Ronnie Lane (With Lane singing this one on his 'BBC Sessions,' you can't understand why The Faces didn't use his vocal on it way back when.)
15. These Arms Of Mine Otis Redding (C'mon, darling, please come back to me!!!)
16. Let Me Roll It Paul McCartney & Wings (Just a great live version of a song!)
17. Since You Been Gone Rainbow (See #11.)
18. You Keep Runnin' Away 38 Special (Saw them do this song at a fair out here and was hooked!!)
19. Summer Breeze Seals & Croft (Nothing needs to be said about this one.)
20. I've Been Searching So Long Chicago (A growing, melodious song that seems to joyfully stretch on forever...)

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.