View Single Post
Old 06-01-2020, 09:13 PM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael B View Post
I 'worked' at COZ answering phones for Cindy Bailen. I was working in college radio at the time - WUMB U/Mass Boston. I also worked as a bouncer at Spit when it first opened so I also knew Oedipus and Albert O. Cindy played the mainstream rock, but she was more into punk and new wave. We went to the Dead Kennedys at the Channel in 1980/81. Wildest show I ever went to. So oversold you could not move. We were able to convince the club people to let us stand behind the stage and watch the show. Just as wild from there. I am sure you remember the Channel.
An old roommate/coworkers brother ran security for the channel for a while.
Offered to put me on the guest list whenever, a connection I only used a couple times. One of them I casually said "I'm guessing with the band being popular there's no chance " "No problem, you want backstage passes?"

Played paintball with the bouncers a few times, they played once, hated the cheating from the other team. So they rented the field as a private party. Loads of fun. It was a bit strange though, most of my friends were computer guys and I was a mechanic so I was a bit stronger. At the paintball games and helping my friend move, I was the smallest guy on the field. Moving went from one group saying "wait for help before you roll the fridge down the ramp " (didn't need help or wait, small fridge already on wheels) To "Oh, Steve you can carry..... this lamp? "