View Single Post
Old 09-29-2020, 11:35 AM
Michael Fried

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhettyeakley View Post
Last one is the “large” pose. Many of the size variations are very subtle. . . .
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbE..._as=subscriber
rhettyeakley,

You know your Zeenuts. Obviously from the pictures I provided, PSA misidentified the card as a "large pose" and SCG didn't care which year it was issued -- to SCG it's just a generic 1933-36 Zeenut.

You've hit the nail on the head. There are no good picture guides that distinguish the subtle differences of many similar cards by the year in which they were issued from 1933 through 1936.

To All,

While I have a long way to go, over the past couple of weeks I have put together pictures of about 135 different 1933-36 Zeenuts with coupons that expire April 1st 1934 (issued in 1933), April 1st 1935 (issued in 1934), April 1st 1936 (issued in 1935) or Oct 1st 1936 (issued in 1936).

If people are willing to help, perhaps we can put together an on-line guide of each player's card from this period (1933-36) with scans showing each separate date of issue.

I am willing to post a list of the scans by player name and coupon expiry date I have so that net54baseball readers can post scans of cards with coupons not on that list. It can then be all put together.

What do you think? Is it worth a try? At least, we can resolve the dates of issue of the subtle yearly differences in many of these 1933-36 cards. It's a start.

Let me know what you think.

To rhettyeakley,

I found your video on-line a couple of days ago while looking for more info on Zeenuts and enjoyed it. Nice cards, tough set. Still looking for a 1911 Western Playground Association card.

Mike