View Single Post
Old 10-14-2020, 09:22 AM
Rick McQuillan

Default Best Offers

That goes for eBay sellers and COMC sellers. There are sellers on both sites who actually go in and raise the BIN prices if you send them an offer. I don't quite understand that.

A lot of my eBay items are BIN/BO. Generally, if I don't have much room to negotiate, I list it as a straight BIN, but if someone makes me an offer I will consider it. Most of the time I list my Best Offer items a couple of bucks higher than I normally would so I have room to negotiate. I have sold a lot of items at 50-60% of my BIN price. Of course, most of my items are low cost items that I buy in lots to break up and sell individually. For things like tobacco cards, Goudey's, etc., it is tough to find them at a low enough cost to flip them on eBay and make a profit, so those are generally straight BIN's.

So, back to your original question. I have never understood a seller who list's their item as Best Offer, but they aren't will to accept an offer that is close to their asking price. They just end up pissing off potential buyers.

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.

Last edited by buymycards; 10-14-2020 at 10:10 AM.