View Single Post
Old 10-05-2020, 10:01 PM
Curt

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8thEastVB View Post
I will say this doesn’t feel like work.

Just sharing a few more as I’m starting to appreciate these more and more- thank you all again.
Hmm, this is how a new collector starts sometimes...Other than the issues with the split between sisters, it would be a heck of a way to jump into collecting sports cards.

I can't tell you how many fantasies I had (I'm sure everyone else who collects too) about finding an old card stash with someone who had no interest and would end up giving it to me or finding a long lost collection of an older relative.

Of course, harsh reality sets in and nobody I am aware of in my family collected and saved any cards prior to me getting started, never found anyone with cards that were any good and/or that wanted to give them to me!

My best card "gift" I received was a 5K box of 1988 Fleer baseball that a coworker gave me that belonged to her son, who apparently no longer wanted them. There were a few bundles of decent players (I recall Edgar RCs, as he was a local favorite), but it was 88 FLEER after all!

Good Luck with whatever you decide to do.