View Single Post
Old 01-28-2022, 09:16 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
I never said from the online sources I just quickly looked up to get some approximate percentages, that the people being counted were all fully licensed and currently practicing attorneys. And my mention of it was in regard to the old joke/cliche about telling when politicians and attorneys were lying by seeing their lips were moving. It had been touched on earlier how such cliches often are derived from truthful facts or situations, at least at some point in the past. So thank you for verifying my reference was in fact true based on those earlier percentages of attorneys (or those schooled and/or trained as attorneys) being elected to Congress. When those jokes/cliches were made up, there probably was in fact a preponderance of attorneys in Congress, which was the point of my comment/joke all along.
I know you were not trying to state it as ironclad fact as of today. I live in Metro D.C and we are constantly bombarded on the radio with the political excrement. Half of the ads we hear are PACS, government contractors and other assorted miscreants lobbying. I was curious when you mentioned it as we hear about these individual pols and what they were back home. During my time here there have also been actors (Fred Thompson from "Law and Order", Fred Grandy from "Love Boat"), Olympic medal winners (Jim Ryun) and musicians (John Hall from Orleans known for "Still the One") as congressman and senators.

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”

Last edited by Michael B; 01-28-2022 at 09:17 PM.