View Single Post
Old 04-20-2021, 06:32 PM
Howard Che.r.n.i.ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by samosa4u View Post
Howard, I feel your pain.

Just about a month ago, somebody hacked my email. And because this person had access to my email, he used it to gain access to my Paypal. All he had to do was tell Paypal that he forgot the password and they sent to my email account a temporary password that he used. He added phone numbers to my Paypal account and made a few payments using my Paypal funds to websites I have never heard of - video game websites? He also deleted the Paypal emails sent to my email account. However, you can recover recently deleted email, and that's how I found all the emails he deleted while I was asleep. I found some emails in Russian as well - fucking bastards.

Anyways, the next day I tried to get into my Paypal account, and I couldn't. I was like "what the hell is this shit?" So, I had to reset the Paypal password, and then once I got into my Paypal account and saw what this fucker did, I was like "holy shit! I've been hacked!" I never thought it could happen to me because I always considered myself to be one of the "smart guys," but boy was I wrong!

I phoned up Paypal and was put through with a rep in a few minutes. They were very professional and refunded back the unauthorized payments within a few hours. I changed my Paypal password and my email password. I also changed all my online banking passwords, although none of them got hit. You want your passwords to be long and also use a combination of numbers, as well as letters (lower and uppercase.) You can use symbols as well. And finally, my buddy (who works in computer networking or security?) told me that I should check out KeePass. KeePass is an open source password manager. You can download it for free from their website. It's a bit difficult to understand, and so you can watch those awesome tutorials found on YouTube.
Your experience sounds so much like mine. Once they hack your eMail, they can do some serious damage. I was already using some very long passwords with all sorts of combinations.
I still wonder how they got my passwords unless some malware was installed on my PC that copied my keystrokes.
I did have a service clean up any malware after I was hacked.

Buythatcard

http://stores.ebay.com/Buythatcard