View Single Post
Old 02-19-2019, 11:09 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Default PSA Still Suffers from 1962 Green Tints-itis

As a 1962 Topps Green Tints aficionado, I started a thread a couple of years back concerning how many cards I found on ebay that were erroneously mislabeled as GT's by PSA. There were waaaaay too many. Today, for the hell of it I decided to take a cruise through the 'bay and see if things have changed. The first ridiculous thing I saw was how many sellers claim the cards they're selling (in slabs or ungraded) are GT's when they are not. Yowza!!!! Some are obviously mistaken, but others are clearly just frickin' liars. Next, I ran across quite a few PSA cards labeled as GT's that are clearly not the variations. I mean, who's overseeing things over there?? (It's probably worth noting that there are plenty of slabbed GT cards that aren't labeled as such, but that's simply because PSA didn't start denoting these green tint variations on the labels until much later on.) Look at the Ranew card with the bright blue sky, for cripes sake. Even a novice who knows nothing about these cards can see it's not a green tint!! And a bunch of these slabs are newer, so even in this day and age where they have tightened up their standards, they clearly haven't done enough to get the right people looking at the 1962 cards. Back in the day, I contacted them about this very problem, but their responses were just sort of boilerplate nothingness. Oh well. If you're looking for cards from this sub-set, remember to caveat your emptor!!!

These are NOT green tints:

s-l1600-10.jpgs-l1600-3.jpg
s-l1600-2.jpgs-l1600.jpg
s-l1600-4.jpgs-l1600-9.jpg
s-l1600-7.jpgs-l1600-6.jpg
s-l1600-5.jpgs-l1600-8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.