View Single Post
Old 03-01-2019, 07:39 PM
Larry More.y

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post
I saw this on ebay and it got me shaking my head. The Skinner card is a green tint (although not marked as such), but look how ridiculously short it is side to side. It appears to be missing about an eight of an inch of width!! I grabbed a scan of another 1962 card from the same seller, so the sizes would be comparable. Look how snug Boog is in the holder as compared to Bob with his huge gully on the right side. Yowza...
There are multiple GT cards that are notoriously short l/r....just off the top of my head three of the most commonly found short GT cards are Geiger, Naragon, and Brandt. There are several others that are not as frequent like the Skinner card.

Coincidentally, all of these cards as well as others (Ruth #139) that are occasionally short are all cards that appear to be along either side of the un-cut regular 1962 Topps sheet. So, assuming the GT's sheet is indeed laid out in the same format as the regular 62s, this would explain why the GT side edge cards are notoriously short l/r, poor QC with the GT printers.

Perhaps PSA realizes the above and this is why the Skinner (a side edge card) is graded and is not returned for being less than the minimum size.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 62 shhet.jpg (73.3 KB, 284 views)