View Single Post
Old 03-10-2020, 05:46 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
It's definitely a live and learn hobby where it requires more than just trusting the seller and their listings.

I've made some mistakes and have made out OK occasionally but just when you think you know what your're doing, you get kicked in the ---sack again!

I just purchased a card the other night I thought I did very well on only to realize, through the info from asking another site member, I likely overpaid for it.

Despite these occasional hiccups along the way, none, so far, have made me want to stop collecting.

Good luck with your continued set build.
The card in question, which just arrived today.

It was pointed out to me, after I purchased it, that the card might be damaged, which, after looking more closely at it, I realized it myself. (my excitement about purchasing/winning it got the best of me)

Needless to say, I was somewhat concerned up until today, but upon arrival, I was glad to see it was either a shadow or something else that showed up on the back scan of the card.

1952 Topps Johnny Sain error card with the Joe Page bio.

This was the last pitcher Ruth faced in 1935 and the first pitcher Jackie Robinson faced in his MLB debut in 1947.

I'm pretty happy, especially now, to own this card!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Johnny Sain Joe Page bio 52 Topps back.jpg (79.6 KB, 310 views)
File Type: jpg Johnny Sain Joe Page bio 52 Topps front.jpg (77.6 KB, 311 views)