View Single Post
Old 05-03-2020, 04:06 PM
J0hn H@rper

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
There was a nice uptick in those cards recently and posted in SMR. I am not sure how often or how accurate they update or follow sales, but that was what I noticed when I recently viewed the site for the first time in a long time.

Following some of the previous GM sales a while ago, I also thought some cards did very very well but most were EX/EX+ and most very well centered.
Yep I'm not sure what it is, but it doesn't follow what I've experienced. I know SMR will never be close to ideal, but these are more off than I would've expected. And it's the same with the semis as the commons. Like this snapshot (grade 5 prices):

268 Bob Lemon (HOF) 55
277 Early Wynn (HOF 55
3 Hank Thompson 50
7 Wayne Terwilliger 50
9 Bobby Hogue 50
15 Johnny Pesky 50
22 Dom DiMaggio 50
57 Ed Lopat 50
79 Gerald Staley 50
80 Herman Wehmeier 50
243 Larry Doby (HOF) 50
246 George Kell (HOF) 50

Those low series were mostly easy and pretty cheap. but I haven't come close to finding the Lemon or Wynn that I wanted, and no Kell or Doby yet either even though they aren't semi-highs.

Doby especially commands a higher price. Understandably you'll pay twice as much for him in my grade range as just about every other $50 low series one there, which are all treated as bottom level commons except for maybe a shade more for Dimaggio and Pesky.

Last edited by cardsagain74; 05-03-2020 at 04:11 PM.