View Single Post
Old 01-21-2021, 12:36 PM
J0hn H@rper

The package with the last 21 highs arrived, so it's officially complete

Also was unexpectedly able to upgrade the set's main weakness, which was the PSA 1 Hoyt Wilhelm. Got a nice deal on a PSA 3.5, which is on its way. Then I'll sell the current one, and eventually the other dozen or so low number doubles that have been acquired along the way.

The only other upgrades I'll probably fool with sometime are the other grade 1s. There are nine lows and six highs, all commons. Even if it's just to get PSA 1.5 highs or raws that'd be fr instead of pr, it'd still be nice to hold on entirely to that standard that I initially hoped for.

The final average condition was 2.7, for both low and high #s. Though the weighted average (and how the set "feels"), is a little nicer than that, since the cadillac cards are 3s, Campy/Reese/Mays/Bart average a 3.5, and most of the top low # HOFers are 4s or 5s.

Every low number common is raw, while most key lows (and all highs, except a handful of commons) are graded, mostly PSA.

It's been fun logging the progress here, and doing so led to completing it faster (and more efficiently) than I ever expected, thanks to the help of some forum members filling some of it in!

407/407

Avg overall condition: 2.7

Avg cond of high # keys: 3.1

Avg cond of low # keys: 4.0

Top 10 cards w/ grade:

311 Mickey Mantle: 3
407 Eddie Mathews (R): 3
312 Jackie Robinson: 3
261 Willie Mays: 3.5
314 Roy Campanella: 4
392 Hoyt Wilhelm (R): 3.5
333 Pee Wee Reese: 4