View Single Post
Old 03-18-2021, 10:47 AM
Aaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
#1:

Small Traditions did a nice write-up about this issue, which I will quote from to explain it:

"Even more obscure than the Bond Bread Exhibits ... is a fourth and final version, referred to as the 1947 Bond Bread Dual Sided or Perforated set. Virtually nothing is known about this set other than that it was issued in at least two different 24-card perforated panels by a company called Elgee. To call them scarce, even extraordinarily scarce, is a gross understatement. Until Small Traditions graded the [PSA 5] Robinson offered in this lot, only one other had ever been recognized by each PSA and SGC."

I've done a lot of research on "Elgee" and come up with squat from the pertinent era. About all I can say is that there are three known examples of the card, one SGC and two PSA, and perhaps some raw ones tucked away in collections that haven't seen the light of day. The only remaining research to do is to figure out whether the card was issued in 1947 or later. The ballplayers in the set are not helpful in that regard thus far, so I will probably have to start searching for source materials for the movie stars and try to see if any of them would make 1947 an anachronism.
Super cool card, Adam.