View Single Post
Old 03-23-2021, 02:18 PM
Larry More.y

Quote:
Originally Posted by LincolnVT View Post
I almost forgot to add that I just reached 407 / 407! It's been a really fun adventure working to sell, trade and buy from and with a lot of different folks. My low number run consists of about 175 cards that were handed down to me from my father figure who passed unexpectedly last year. He had a lot of cards but he always saw the 1952 set as the greatest group of all time and the set as unreaceable. I'm happy to have compleated the set in his honor. 1 -- 310 are pretty nice Good -- Ex...mostly VG...311 -- 407 are Poor -- Good for the most part some a bit nicer. All cards are raw except for a decent PSA 1 Mantle (which I feel is undergraded), a decent PSA 1.5 Mays, a decent PSA 1.5 Robinson and a really nice PSA 2 Mathews. Took two generations to build it, but we did it right within our means. Now my kid gets to do the upgrading down the road...unless we get some really interesting offer. Love this set! ❤️⚾️
Congratulations on your completion.....must feel good to have that last/final card in hand.

I recently picked up the #406 Nuxhall card, ironically this card was my 406th unique card meaning just 1 more to go....314 Campy.

With the price of the keys (Mantle, Mays, Jrob, Mathews) still apparently not at their ceiling yet, $70K for a PSA 1+ type set with nice eye appeal seems very reasonable these days.