View Single Post
Old 03-27-2021, 05:37 PM
Fr3d mcKi3

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookiemonster View Post
Hey , I believe you I got the info from this site http://keymancollectibles.com/baseba...eballcards.htm . If you look at 1948 it’s say MADE IN USA 5/8. Is any of this info correct ?
Dustin welcome to the world of Exhibits!! As Adam knows it is basically impossible to accurately date most Exhibit cards. Even with checklist cards.

For example the 1951 Checklist card shown above with the 1950 Phillies on it which should date it to 1951 has Jackie Robinson on it which we know only comes in the MADE IN U.S.A. ( all CAPS) 5/8", However on the same checklist is for example Jim Konstanty who only has one Exhibit card and his has Made in U.S.A. ( Not all CAPS). There are other different examples as well.

The 1955 Postcard back set has all kinds of different sizes and wording of the Made, Printed etc. notations on cards in the set

To complicate matters a lot of the cards, Jackie Robinson included come in a sepia tint and a B&W tint. See below. So it is possible the sepia is from 1948 and the B&W is from 1951. But I can not verify ALL the guys listed on the 51 checklist exist in B&W.

Then it seems possible there were different printings with the team cards being changed late in the year after the World Series and again repeated later the following year with different player cards after some were dropped and others added.

Crystal clear right??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg j Robinson tints_000268.jpg (79.9 KB, 637 views)