View Single Post
Old 03-28-2021, 09:22 AM

Default Brooks Robinson PSA Master Set - 1969

Good morning! This week I will share with you the 1969 entries for the Brooks Robinson PSA Master Set. There are 20 items required for 1969. I have a few extras, which I will cover. First, you see at the top left is the 1969 MLB Photo Stamps. These stamps came from an album. Technically, the individual stamp and the 12 player stamp page is required and both are tied as highest graded. The next required entry is the 8 player panel, which comes from an album. This panel only grades as authentic. Next, you see the two 1969 Topps Stamps panels at the far right. The panels are graded in a vertical and horizonal configuration. The horizonal panel is #6 in the stamp series. It is hard to get a numeric grade on the #6 panel; the other panel eluded me for a year or so and finally was able to get one graded and was very pleased with the PSA 3.5 grade. The individual stamp is graded as PSA 9 and is tied as highest graded. All of the stamps listed are affordable but not necessarily easy to find. The 1969 Brooks picture pack picture is graded as a PSA 10 and is the highest graded. For some reason, PSA will no longer grade this one and the one shown is the only one graded. It was part of the Master but now it is optional. Next you see one of my favoite entries...the Transogram. The Transogram is required as a box; here you see it as a PSA 1 and it is folded. I am not a fan of this entry as a "folded" box but I bought it this way and would never ruin one of these; there are only 2 graded and one is graded higher. The other entry is the small panel from the top of the box (this PSA 5 small card is one of two graded) and the hand cut card from the back of the box. The hand cut card is the highest graded with one peer. I also show the actual box with the Brooks figurine. The 1969 MLBPA Pin is graded as a PSA 8. I looked for this pin for a long time and when found, it seemed they appeared routinely. This pin has one graded higher. The 1969 Milton Bradley PSA 8 is tied as highest graded with another card. For some reason, I collect all the Milton Bradley sets with Brooks; one set I bought just to get the Brooks! I will go to the right of the picture again and discuss the 1969 Nabisco Card, which is tied as the highest graded. This PSA 9 is amazing and is a recent addition. I collect the 1969 Nabisco hand cut cards; one set is listed on the PSA Nabisco Team Flakes 1969 Master Set and I am working on two other sets, which I will likely trade or sell. I forgot to show the 1969 Nabisco Panel with Brooks and Fregosi. I would love to find the entire Nabisco sheet featuring Brooks. Next, is the PSA Global Imports 9 of Hearts. This card is part of a set. There are 3 graded higher. The Topps and O-Pee-Chee Deckles are graded as a PSA 7 (14 graded higher) and PSA 8 (3 graded higher). The 1969 Topps Super at the bottom of the photo is one of my favorites. This card is very expensive at this grade and there are 3 PSA 10s. Finally, the regular Topps Cards are listed. The All Star Card has many graded higher; same with the Check List. The PSA 9 regular entry is an expensive card with over 190 graded as a PSA 9; there are 9 PSA 10s. Hope you enjoyed this week's 1969 posting and we'll see you next week with the 1970 entries.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1969 Brooks PSA Master.jpg (77.9 KB, 278 views)