View Single Post
Old 04-03-2021, 04:18 PM
Phil

Default 1971 Topps Baseball Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tere1071 View Post
About 3 week ago I started to collect a 71 Topps baseball set from scratch. It's going to be for fun which means that the majority of the cards will be in vg/ex to excellent condition; the only caveats will be no creases or surface wear and unslabbed. Corners? Well, nothing rounded but if there's white present that's fine with me.

So far I've gotten 73 of the high numbers, including the Allen and Baker/Baylor. Star-wise, I 've picked up the Fingers, Carew, Morgan, Ted Williams, Aaron, Yaz, Palmer, and Mays. Next will be the Clemente in vg/ex and whichever stars I can get in the $5-20 range until the funds run out once again.
An update, as of this morning I am down to 29 cards to complete my 71 Topps Baseball set. I still need the Munson, Carlton, Bench, Seaver, Killebrew, and B. Robinson as the major stars to mention a few needs. Mainly, I wanted to mention two members of Net54 who have helped me tremendously in putting this set together: Brian Noll and Rich McQuillan, who were responsible for about 85% of the cards that I now have. They were fantastic in their communications, fairness, and the quality of the cards that I received from them. Tim Connoy is sending me a few singles and I had a great conversation with Tod Sloan, who I hope to pick up some cards from for upgrades as well as singles for my next project- a 1971 Topps Football set! The assistance, information, visuals of other collector's items, and comradery all make Net54 a great place to be a participant. Thank you to all!

Phil McNear aka Tere1071
Selling and trading 53 Bowman color singles, Topps Heritage Baseball sets, and now 71 Topps high numbers because I now have lots of extras.