View Single Post
Old 04-04-2021, 08:52 AM

Default Brooks Robinson PSA Master Set - 1970

Happy Easter and good morning. Today I will discuss the 1970 entries. Starting at the top and far right is the 1970 Traffic Safety sheet and individual card. The Washington Senators have a similar card set. This 10 card set includes many of the stars for the Orioles and their HOF Manager. The sheet is out there for about a $100 but grades hard. I always buy these sheets when I see them if priced right. The Brooks card is a PSA 6 and there are 2 higher. Next, is the Action Cartridge. The Action Cartridge set features many different athletes. The master requires a panel and the box. The box is a PSA 3 with 2 higher. The panel is a PSA 2 with 5 higher. These are out there for a reasonable price but they are not always in the best shape. I have several of these but not willing to send in for a higher grade. Has anyone ever watched the video? Next, boelow the panel is the Brooks 1970 Matchbook graded and the matchbook ungraded. Sadly, the graded version is without the "matches." I love this 24 matchbook set. I have all of them (with lots of extras) but the Weaver...can anyone help me? Sorry...back to the Master...the Brooks matchbook is not graded that high but it is good enough at a PSA 2.5. Only one other is graded and it has a higher grade. These are very hard to find but affordable. Going to the far right is the 1970 Kellogs PSA 9 card. These are readily available at the PSA 9 grade (187 total). There are 36 PSA 10s but for some reason, I have never seen a GEM example. Next you have two rows of Topps and O-Pee-Chee (OPC) Cards. The Topps regular card is a PSA 9 with 58 peers. There are 2 PSA 10s. The OPC PSA 8 is the highest graded with 9 peers. The Topps Orioles team card is a PSA 8.5; there are 13 graded higher. This is a very tough card to grade. The OPC Orioles card is even tougher to grade; here I have a PSA 7 and there are 7 graded higher. Finally, one of my favorite AS cards is the 1970 verstion. The Topps AS Card is a PSA 8 with 107 peers. There are 18 graded higher. The PSA 9s are very expensive. The OPC AS card is a PSA 5 with 1 peer and as many as 6 graded higher. I am always looking to upgrade this card. The 1970s in general grade hard, which is interesting. Finally, the Carl Aldana 12 Card Orioles Set includes two Brooks cards. This rare set commemorates the 1970 WS Championship. The cards are done in black with a picture and last name. The back is blank. They were issued in the Baltimore area. There are 10 players plus Brooks with two versions. The one shows his face ("face showing" is a PSA 7 with 2 graded higher) and the other his back ("back showing" is a PSA 7 with 3 graded higher). Well, that is all this week. Next week we will discuss 1971, which has twice the entries as 1971.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1970 Brooks.jpg (77.6 KB, 231 views)