View Single Post
Old 04-05-2021, 01:33 PM
Chris

I struggle with this too. For a long time I would keep sets in binders but pull out the most valuable cards to keep in top loaders or one touches in a lock box.

Then I went a step further and pulled out all the significant rookies and put them into top loaders too. But that just got me frustrated because there were so many gaps in my binders that it didn’t make any sense. Almost became just binders full of commons that I’d never look at.

Right now I only have relatively modestly priced complete sets in binders - (all cards - rookies, superstars, etc) Topps 1970, 1971 and 1973 - 2020.

Once I get going on the 60s, who knows. I can’t imagine I’d want to keep my 1961 Mantle in a binder. Honestly, another factor that I always keep in the back of my mind is a fire. If there is a fire I can easily grab my lock box of most valuable cards but I’d never be able to run out with all my binders.

Check out the thread I started on the main page about storing 1933 Goudeys. Several posters recommended links to cool looking binders that have slip cases for an extra level of protection. I’ll probably go that route for Goudey and 50s topps sets where even the semi stars will need some extra care.