View Single Post
Old 10-02-2022, 12:04 PM

Default 1969 Nabisco Team Flakes - Brooks Robinson

Good Sunday to everyone. I thought to show some cards the next few weeks from my collection. I will pick a type of card or something odd and share my thoughts or facts on the item. Here, is the 1969 Nabisco Team Flakes featuring Brooks. There are 3 different full panels featuring 8 players each. The 8 player panels feature numerous hall of famers including Aaron, Clemente, Rose, Gibson, Mays, and a few others). There are 21 different 2 player hand cut panels. There are 24 different hand cut player cards. I have the complete set of 24 player hand cut cards, 3 full 8 player panels and 13 of the 21 two player panels. Finding the 2 player panels have been difficult. You can see them all on my PSA Master 1969 Nabisco Team Flakes set (I am #2 on the Master...I named it Charlie if interested in seeing all the variations and cards). My set averages a PSA 8 or NM-MT. Some are higher and some lower. Always looking to improve my set. The cards have either a thin border or thicker border. The thicker border is harder to find and more expensive. The photographs do not show the team emblem and were also used for the Sports Illustrated Poster and 1968 SI Promo Cards. My enthusiasm for this set is a bit higher than the value of the cards or interest in the hobby. Player collectors are interested in the cards for their player sets but the value of the cards is not what i believe they should be. Clemente, Mays and Rose at a high grade can cost $500-$1,000 while a higher graded common card will fetch a few hundred or less. The two player panel cards and full panels can go for a lot more. When looking for these cards, you want to ensure they have a clean cut outside of the lines and a clean surface and back. The cards share the same border, which adds to the low number of high graded cards since the card cut outside of the dotted line meant its neighbor was not. Also adding to the rarity of these cards is the cereal was not loaded with sugar so kids were not a big fan unlike the Post Cereal counterparts (so I am told). In case anyone is wondering, I did cut a very damaged panel to salvage a Brooks once but the others I found from other collectors. Enjoy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Nabisco Brooks Robinson .jpg (201.8 KB, 411 views)