View Single Post
Old 04-03-2023, 07:27 AM
Hank Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by homerunhitter View Post
Totally agree with you! However potential customers don’t care what you, me or the man on the moon says about our “Self education” of autographs is. Abs thats a fact Jack! But I totally get it because as a buyer is much rather go with a PSA or jsa authenticated autograph vs the word on Jim Bob that’s been collecting for 40 years! Because I don’t know Jim Bob! And jim bobs opinion is like buttholes, everyone has one!
Again, true, but if you're going to be spending real money on autographs you at least need to educate yourself on the TPAs. I'm sure Roaches Corner and its ilk all come with some sort of LOA, but they're worthless, whereas the big four or five authenticators offer a reasonable assurance of legitimacy. Your advice basically is to never buy raw, and that's not an unreasonable position to take and in line with today's marketplace. But for those who have made themselves experts in what they collect, like some of the posters here, such restraints needn't apply and they likewise aren't totally dependent on the TPAs.