View Single Post
Old 01-24-2008, 11:39 AM
Administrator

Default 5th January Pickup Thread

Posted By: marty q

already posted this, but i have a better scan, excuse my excitement please. my best card for sure, and one i have wanted for 20 years.

barry correct, no visable chip whatsoever, heck even under 10x still no chip.
jeff l-i thought i better scan would be much nicer and appropriate for a card like this.
joe d- marty- thanks alot fella's!...richard c, back is canned, i few letters with fade, other than that, perfect.

barry- yeah the half bump, well honestly, i don't want to get started on this. if you go onto the set registry under "mighty's graded sets"-under non-sports, you will see i have a fair share of complete sets from 1910-1976, plus dozens not on the registry, i would be in the jim crandall boat if you know what i mean! i am a type collector of pre-war, my b.b. set collection is from 1960-1977 all raw, and will stay that way, (until it's time if ever), i also collect single hof'ers from 33goudey to 1968, i don't collect low pop commons either, another collecting area i refuse to care about, so the half grade, i would be foolish not to consider this when it comes time to sell,(if ever) hopefuly this cardboard get's willed to my kiddie's, but i may try and defend some sets i feel dear to me. but i would say this!! this is a great test for the half bump, it's only a 7 because of the centering, to me it's an 8 regardless, imho i bought the card and not the holder, if this would not get bumped the experiment is a failure, again imho.