View Single Post
Old 12-10-2006, 07:53 PM
Administrator

Default About soaking cards

Posted By: T206Collector

Jim,

I recognize you are not responding to my posts or questions. But if we will never know what "percentage of psa 8's that have been doctored" or whether "a card has been soaked" or how many that "are soaked wind up in psa or sgc 8 holders," isn't it possible that you may have to change your standards?

All I am saying is that if you start spending thousands of dollars on high grade cards, doesn't it make sense to understand the rules of the card grading game BEFORE you drop that kind of coin? And if you understand that water soaked cards are routinely slabbed by SGC -- I've never had one rejected on that basis -- then you can make an educated decision about whether you want to set down a couple thousand dollars on one?

I think you are most upset because you have spent untold thousands on cards, only to find out that the auction houses you purchased cards from and the card graders themselves have adhered to a standard different from the one that you now espouse.

Ultimately, it's none of my business, and I'm really not trying to be a d*ck about any of this. But I love my soaked SGC graded cards and I think there's nothing wrong with them.

Paul