Thread: January Pickups
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2014, 09:31 PM
I@n Cl@rke

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyC View Post
Thanks, Ian. You're seeing exactly what I saw when I looked at so many others. With some cards we collectors just gotta throw technical sticker grade out the window and trust our good old eyeballs. As I researched this card, I could not believe how poorly registered they were. The T205 Cobb comes to mind as another notoriously challenged card with focus and color registration. It can utterly destroy eye appeal. And then what are we really looking at for enjoyment, if the central image is busted up?
Agree completely... the hobby is already beautiful thing and becomes even better the more you listen to yourself. My personal standards allow for more wiggle room on centering than you and many others here.. but I love nice color/clean registration and really really love clean corners/edges when I can find it. At the end of the day, it's all about what you like. The numerical grade often times is almost more distracting than helpful and it's ridiculous how little it means once you get into sub 5 grades... there are just so many amazing looking 1/2/3s out there... and conversely lots of nasty ones that actually look like 1s and 2s. In these cases, the number couldn't mean less.