View Single Post
Old 08-19-2015, 08:22 AM

Default Case of 1976 Topps

So this is kind of crazy - I started back into collecting after selling a tech company that I started. Since then I've been posting my latest pickups on Facebook. A friend of mine who is the CEO of another company who I used to share office space with resched out to me after seeing my posts and asked me if I wanted to buy his case of 1976 topps football. I corrected him and said "you mean box" and he said no case. Apparently when he sold his company he bought a house and found the case in the attic. He opened two boxes (about half the packs in the second box) It's a case of wax boxes and he thinks there are 15 boxes in it (we have to take a trip up to Jersey once we are both done w work travel to verify) but I think there may be more. So two questions - one, can anyone verify how many boxes are in a wax case? I'd like to plan a bit before we get up there. The second question is basically what do we think is the best way to sell. I've got time to sell one at a time (and grading the boxes w PSA) but I wonder if there is a better route. I feel like the auction houses will come in lower than that total and I know BBCE offers 5k a box so that's probably the basement price but very curious to hear opinions. Thanks!

Last edited by kevinlenane; 08-19-2015 at 08:26 AM.