View Single Post
Old 03-14-2016, 05:58 AM
J0$H B^ck!ey

Default MLB and the new rules of the past couple years

Am I the only one that really despises the rules that have been created the past few years?

The shocking thing is that most fans (older than 40) love these new rules. They've been a fan of the game for the way it's been played forever. Why the need for instant replay????

It has always been under my assumption that umpires balls and strikes as well as most on the field calls have been swayed by the "marketable team" effect, or the teams that generate the revenue and make the most money will tend to get the most calls in their favor. Well so why wouldn't I like the instant replay? The problem is they're still getting the calls wrong the statistics have proven that. It slows down the game that, nowadays they claim is too slow and want to speed up!

Introduction of the pitch clock for a pitcher, the batter has to have a foot in the batters box! While these don't seem to have any impact on the game whatsoever what's the point?

Instant replay is about the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. We have our challenges now! Yayyyyyyyyyy. Was it a home run or wasn't it? What happened to the "human element" of the game? We might as well just eliminate umpires and integrate a computer to dictate everything on the jumbo screens in the park. Hey we have K-cam right? Splash it on the screen and get a ball strike counter behind the catcher so the pitcher can see it. We can splash the results of HR calls, fair foul on the big screen as well! That seems to be the route MLB is going.

Trying to go the NFL route are we? Where the catchers have been turned into Quarterbacks now with the protection of the god awful home plate rule. (Catchers still have it more rough on their body than any football player). One bad apple or San Francisco Buster Posey gets hurt so they create the Posey rule! What about Fosse whose career was basically derailed? If it didn't happen then why now? Protection of the player, yes, protection........ They signed the contract, they get paid the millions that Fosse didn't, oh, and that thing about medical conditions and advancements since then.

"Managers will no longer come out of the dugout to initiate a replay challenge. A manager will also keep his challenge after each call that is overturned. Last year, a challenge was retained only after the first overturned call." Keeping a challenge eh? Not coming out the dugout. No more sideshows the Sweet Lou Pinella way? No more Bobby Cox tantrums! No more Ozzie Guillen tantrums? I don't know about you guys but I loved seeing managers defend their players now they just get to sit in the dugout and be "Politically Correct". They all look like my favorite manager of all time Robin Ventura (ROBOT Ventura) and just sit in there like they have no care in the world! So you have to win a challenge to ask for another challenge. But isn't instant replay enforced to get the calls right? Then why if the umpires got the call right in the first place and it was challenged they didn't do you lose the right to challenge a call that could be incorrect? There certainly isn't anything idiotic about that.
22/39 Unique Backs 56%
80/86 Minors 93%
25/48 Southern Leaguers 52%
6/10 Billy Sullivan back run 60%

237PSA / 94 SGC / 98 RAW

Excel spreadsheets only $5
T3, T201, T202, T204, T205, T206, T207, 1914 CJ, 1915 CJ, Topps 1952-1979, and more!!!!

Checklists sold (20)

T205 8/208 3.8%

Last edited by Joshchisox08; 03-14-2016 at 12:28 PM.