View Single Post
Old 07-29-2021, 08:43 PM
L@rry T1p+0n

Apple Watch stats: 3hr 55 min sleep. Steps:17,632 just over 8 miles. Today I returned with $1,184 in my wallet so I spent $813 today note money spent includes parking meals etc etc I’m paying cash whenever I can. Plus $1,800 in reserve stashed in the sock drawer here in hotel room.
Up to late last night I’m on minimal sleep hot shower free breakfast downstairs and we are off for day two. Another long line for the VIP opening at 9:30 but I walked up as they opened the doors and I went right in the show. I did a much better job today covering the floor and I was able to walk down each aisle. I wanted to spend some money today I didn’t save and then bring cash up here to take home I wanted to buy some cards! The show is very busy and crowded. I am 67 years old but in good health and fully vaccinated but I still wore a mask maybe 10% are wearing masks it doesn’t bother me one way or the other. I got elbowed or run into a couple times and it was sort of irritating until I accidentally cross checked this other collector who was bent over a show case. I did see one you tube celebrity filming. It would be nice to be able to take a break and sit down with a coffee or soft drink but the snack bars are packed long lines and no place to sit down. 100 people waiting in line outside at Starbucks. Tomorrow I may exit the venue and walk across the street to take a breather. Lots of those hand held suitcases that carry “Slabs” lots of collectors dragging suitcases too. Some females lots of kids too!
Big pickups include 11 hits 1967 Philadelphia Marvel stickers if you don’t know these are TOUGH. I bought a full set 1973 OPC hockey funny rings inserts all 17 also ten hits 47-66 exhibit baseball I’m closing in on the set so some of these were toughies. I collect the 1961 Post baseball cards in both box and company style I got Mays company also picked up the Mantle company I had to come off my wallet for that Mantle but glad I did. Hits to 39 and 40 Playball sets too. I nearly finished my 48 Leaf boxing set I need one more I bought Joe Louis Max Schmeling among some others. I did finish my 1960 Leaf baseball set #118 John Callison that’s a tough card. Lots of other stuff too. I haven’t added a card to my 1961 Fleer basketball set in a couple years but William Chapel came through with #47 Wilt Chamberlain in action. Last story I finished my 1966 TOPPS rub off set (wax pack insert) I FINALLY found the Orioles pennant TOUGH card paid $7. An hour later I was at Ron Estes table and saw a fellow collector pull the Orioles pennant ruboff charge was $2.50 I steamed a bit that I missed that one but all ended well as I found another Orioles pennant in a dollar box and of course I bought it lol! Roommate Matthew is at the minor league Chicago Dogs game Taylor and I ate at the “biker bar” next door to hotel burgers were 1/2 price and delish! 9:30 time to shut down and try to get some sleep tomorrow day three! Larry

Last edited by LuckyLarry; 07-29-2021 at 08:50 PM.