View Single Post
Old 10-04-2022, 07:33 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philliesfan View Post
That is very interesting, because when you started this thread that is exactly what you did, you asked people for their opinions. Yes I did. Oh, and your request for opinions was unsolicited by those who responded. They were solicited as I asked for responses. So now I get it, (no you really don’t) you weren't really honestly asking for people's opinions at all, were you? Yes I was. You were just posting and looking for people to validate you and a decision you had probably already made, so you could feel better about yourself and what you decided? Nope. Hmmmmm, interesting!!!!!

And when people do respond to your unsolicited requests, it seems in your mind that somehow absolves you from being the one who started this whole thing to begin with? Sadly, this is almost the same thing you pulled on the potential Buyer/Watcher who responded to your unsolicited offer to start this all off. I'm guessing that you may not really have wanted any alternate opinions, or a negotiation of price, at all. And if not in either case, why did YOU initiate things in both instances to begin with then? What's the old saying, "Be careful what you ask for, because you might just get it!". If the people YOU are approaching don't respond in almost exactly the way you want or expect, so what, why get all worked up and upset about it? I have no idea where you get the idea I am all worked up over it or upset about it. I couldn’t care less. I was just wondering if others here saw it as a potential problem. I got answers for both points of view which I do appreciate.

This now appears to be a second recent instance of you taking offense at the way someone responds to you, over something you initiated, started, and ASKED for responses to. In which case it could make some observers liken it to a blossoming behavioral pattern. Now that is funny. I had originally just offered some alternate thoughts and perspectives on your issue, and had not judged or condemned you at all. No you did not, nor did I of you. However, as it seems I come across in dealing with almost everybody here on this forum when there is a disagreement of opinion, I go out of my way to try and present facts and logical theories and arguments, and respond to and answer all questions posed. I listened to your responses and Yet appallingly, I rarely, if ever, get the courtesy of a similar reaction and response to my questions. So let me try asking this once again. Why exactly does a potential Buyer's/Watcher's response to YOUR unsolicited offer, and their negotiation technique in response, suddenly and automatically make them a bad buyer, needful of blocking? In negotiations, the seller has a starting point to make the sale and the buyer has his starting point to make a purchase. Normally, a seller comes down in price and the buyer goes up in price eventually meeting around halfway. That’s the normal process for negotiations.

And please don't say it is because you have a gut feeling, because that is really no answer at all. If that is the case though, then you need to ask yourself what is the real reason behind such a gut feeling to begin with.

And as for the improper use of that phrase, yes, there are instances where you could appropriately have used the word COULD instead of COULDN'T, except in the context and meaning of how you used it, that is not one of those instances. Ask your wife if you don't believe me. What! Ask my wife? So she can be right again! Ugh. I don’t need that. I’ll take your for it.
So what if the potential Buyer/Seller doesn't negotiate the way you like, or normally expect? Is there some law I'm unaware of that says they have to? I'm just trying to figure out what your reason is for thinking you have to ban them, and to this point you still really haven't answered that question. The only thing I have been able to take away from everything you've said so far is that for some reason you think this person is possibly a bad buyer because you apparently don't like the way they negotiated with you. But you haven't stated that exactly, and I'm not trying to put words in your mouth. I'm just trying to understand how a person's negotiation technique possibly equates to how good (or bad) of a buyer they'd be.

What I have been able to get out of you is that this person did not act as you would normally act were you in their place, in regard to how they negotiate, and that is about it. If that is the underlying reasoning, and you have a natural distrust for dealing with those that may think or act differently than you in some aspects, so be it. Was just trying to understand where you were coming from. Though you downplayed possibly being mad or upset with this individual, the fact is they still got under your skin enough to prompt you to start a thread about it. So it seems you must have had some internal conflicts about what to do after all. I was merely offering some other points of view and perspectives to possibly help you see things from both sides, and better allow you to make the right decision for yourself. I was not expecting to be told my opinion doesn't matter to you though, just because it was not what you may have wanted to hear, or expected. But clearly I am not the sole person having or suggesting a somewhat different perspective and response to what you've apparently already decided. Good luck with the sale of your item. Hopefully you'll get some bidders bumping the price up over what you expected.