View Single Post
Old 11-17-2022, 09:37 AM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raulus View Post
Good points!

But the morons who bid like drunken sailors with no intention of actually paying still piss me off to high heaven.
I'd still be wary and careful of getting a second chance offer even if it were days after the auction ended, and not just immediately or hours after. Assuming if the offer comes say a week after the auction originally ended that it indicates the original buyer must have somehow cancelled, backed out, or simply ended up being a non-paying auction winner, might not be very smart. I tend to believe most shillers, scammers, and frauds aren't completely stupid. And if they've been at something like this, shilling and then dropping a 2nd chance offer on the party they couldn't entice to bid even higher, for a while, they may have already picked up and figured out that making the 2nd chance offer immediately or soon after the auction ended tends to make the party they're trying to shill and scam very suspicious. And as a result they quickly learn to wait a few days before making the 2nd chance offer to make it seem the alleged auction winner really did back out/not pay.